Everblue Management, the New York based single family office of former hedge fund manager Eric Mindich, led G2 Esports recent $17.3M Series A funding round alongside Parkwood Corp. and Seal Rock Partners. G2 is a esports organization / team which was founded by Carlos Rodriguez in 2014 and is headquartered in Berlin. If you’re looking for more single family offices in the U.S. you should check our list of single family offices in the United States.
Investing in the growing esports market
G2 Esports is known for its word-class Leage of Legends (a real-time computer strategy game) team. The organization is also competing in other games like Counter-Strike or FIFA. Forbes called G2 the “eight most valuable esports team” with an estimated brand value of $105M. Esports teams are earning money through sponsorship, broadcasting rights and merchandising. For example, it’s possible to aquire a €439 office chair at G2’s online shop. Through the Series A round, G2 wants to expand in North and South America.
Through the investment Mindich’s family office acquires a stake in the growing esports market. Mindich, a former Goldman Sachs partner, was the founder and CEO of Eton Park Capital Management, a multi billion dollar hedge fund which was shut down in March 2017.
Picture source: Florian Olivo
You might also like these articles
- Swiss Single Family Office Invests in Energy Startup Electrochaea
- Dr. Bernd Türk New CEO Of German Quandt Multi Family Office
- 3 Reasons Why Private Equity Funds Enjoy Working With Our Family Office Lists
You might also like those family office lists
- Rated 4.00 out of 5€299,99 including VAT
- Rated 5.00 out of 5Deal€4,99 – €499,99 including VAT
- Rated 4.67 out of 5€399,99 including VAT
- Rated 4.57 out of 5€999,99 including VAT