The UK-based home decor shop and brand Lick Home has recently announced a $22M funding round to fuel its further growth. Amongst the investors is the UK single family office of Caroline Rupert, called Kathaka.
Lick Home: Sustainable paints, wallpapers and blinds
Lick moved the customer experience for home decor shopping from unpersonal, huge DIY stores from the outskirts to a user-friendly online shopping experience. The company focuses on modern paints and wallpapers with dozens of gimmicks, like 1-on-1 virtual colour consultant sessions. Furthermore, the company focuses on eco-friendly products, like low VOC paints and wallpapers certified by FCS.
Kathaka Single Family Office of Caroline Rupert invests
The funding round was led by the well-known VC fund OMERS Ventures. Further investors are Felix Capital, Alex Chesterman and Magnus Rausing. Interestingly, Lick Home also allowed crowdfunding investors to participate in the funding round through UK platform Seedrs. Another main investor in the round is the aforementioned single family office Kathaka. Kathaka invests in three main areas: consumer brands, digital health and B2B enterprise tech. Furthermore, it is actively engaged in philanthropy. Caroline Rupert stems from the billionaire Rupert family that is also a major shareholder in Swiss luxury giant Richemont.
You might like these family office articles
- Savio Kwan Single Family Office Participates in $131M Funding Round
- Single Family Office from Taiwan Invests In Crypto Exhange Coinomo
- Belgian Baert Single Family Office Invests in MobieTrain’s €4M Funding Round
Relevant family office lists
- Rated 4.00 out of 5€299,99 including VAT
- Rated 5.00 out of 5€149,99 including VAT
- Rated 4.00 out of 5€499,99 including VAT
- Rated 4.00 out of 5€199,99 including VAT