In recent years, the European venture capital scene has caught up in an international comparison. This is partly due to successful start-ups and investors from the UK. In addition to traditional VC funds, domestic single family offices play an important role. They manage the assets of very wealthy families and business people and increasingly also invest in start-ups. In this article, we present three British single family offices that are active in venture capital and are among the most important players in this field. They are part of our comprehensive database of the most relevant family offices in Europe, which has helped many clients find new partners.
Featured: our exclusive lists of the largest UK and venture capital single family offices
Rated 4.67 out of 5€399,99 including VAT
Rated 4.50 out of 5€199,99 including VAT
- Unique list of 59 UK single family offices
- Alternatively: 152 European single family offices focused on venture capital
- Download as an easy-to-use excel file
- Detailed information about investment focus, contact details, net worth, etc. in many cases
- Free updates within one year after your purchase
#1: Tavistock Group – Powerful Single Family Office of Joe Lewis with a broad investment focus
British entrepreneur Joe Lewis is one of the richest people in the UK. Not only does he own one of the largest motor yachts in the world, he also owns some of the most valuable paintings in auction history. His assets are mainly managed by the Tavistock Group, which has gained fame as a major shareholder in the Tottenham Hotspur football club. The Single Family Office has a very broad investment focus and invests in both listed and private companies. Through Boxer Capital, for example, investments are made in promising biotech companies. In addition, the Tavistock Group invests in start-ups from various sectors. Examples include Surge Global, Ultimate Finance and Atlas Labs.
#2: LSG Holdings, London – Renowned Single Family Office with focus on B2C-startups
LSG Holdings invests in real estate as well as private equity and venture capital. The Single Family Office from London is particularly interested in startups from the B2C sector. Successful exits include zynga, Beamly and Mashable. The startup portfolio includes companies such as Cru Kafe, Petme, yeay and Equinox Kambucha. LSG Holding attaches great importance to a genuine partnership and actively supports the sponsored start-ups in their growth.
#3: Waymade Capital, Basildon – Single Family Office of Vijay and Bhikhu Patel, founded in 2013
The Single Family Office of Vijay and Bhikhu Patel is based on the three pillars Pharma, Property, Private Equity and Philantropy. As a private equity investor, Waymade Capital pursues a very broad investment approach and supports companies from various sectors. The long-term investment horizon is what makes the Family Office interesting for young companies. In this way, a sustainable growth strategy can be chosen that would not be possible with many other investment companies. Due to the business background of the family, there is special interest and know-how in medical and pharmaceutical companies.
Picture source: David Dibert
Always stay up-to-date in the single family office landscape
In case you are interested in the most relevant family office news, we highly recommend you the following two-steps:
- Sign up for our newsletter here. We publish a monthly newsletter of the most relevant single family office news. The newsletter includes new family offices, family office investments and reports about industry trend.
- Follow us on LinkedIn. Be the first to get-to-know relevant single family office news directly through your LinkedIn newsfeed.
You might also like those family office articles
- Truell Single Family Office invests in regulatory tech startup Reg UK
- Three UK Single Family Offices you should know
- Three Swiss Single Family Offices invests in Venture Capital