Funding for an innovative biotech startup from Dallas
ReCode Therapeutics was founded by Daniel Siegwart and Philip Thomas, who met at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. The company works on diverse drugs for “r primary ciliary dyskinesia (PCD) and nonsense mutations in cystic fibrosis (CF)”. ReCode’s drugs are based on its “proprietary non-viral lipid nanoparticle platform”. The Texas startup wants to file a investigational drug application with the FDA by 2021.
Blanton Single Family Office from Dallas as lead investor
Now, ReCode Therapeutics received an $80M Series A funding round for its further development. The round was led by Cold Ventures and healthcare investment firm OrbiMed Advisors. Another participating investor was Hunt Technology Ventures from Dallas. Also part of the funding round: a merger with Menlo Park startup TranscriptTX, whose CEO David Lockhart will run the combined company in the future. Lead investor Colt Ventures is the single family office of Darren Blanton. Colt Ventures invests in public company (like Intrexon or Rocket Pharma) as well as private biotech firms.
Relevant family office articles
- 86.7% Of Family Offices Are Looking Optimistically Into The Post-Corona Future
- New CEO For Investment Vehicle Of Swiss Bertarelli Single Family Office
- Missouri Single Family Office Saves German Chocolate Producer Leysieffer From Insolvency
Relevant family office lists
- €99,99 including VAT
- Rated 4.00 out of 5€299,99 including VAT
- Rated 5.00 out of 5Deal€0,00 – €499,99 including VAT
- Rated 4.00 out of 5€499,99 including VAT