German chocolate producer Leysieffer gets saved from bankruptcy through an investment from American single family office Deel and Winkler.
Osnabrück-based Leysieffer in crisis mode
Leysieffer is a German chocolate manufacturer from Osnabrück. Last year, the company declared insolceny under own administration. Leysieffer has a long tradition: the firm was founded by Ulrich Leysieffer in 1909, the number of stores rose to more than 1,400 in the course of time. In order to save the company, four unprofitable stores were closed since last year and 25% of the employees were laid off.
Missouri family office becomes the new majority shareholder
Now, the company finally manages the step out of bankruptcy through an investment from Missouri-based single family office Deel and Winkler. The creditors of Leysieffer agreed to the new majority shareholder from the United States. Deel and Winkler is a family office from Joplin, Missouri. The firm is led by Daryl Deel and Frank Winkler. The US family office already had some ties to Leysieffer. For five years, it manages Bremen-based “Hanseatische Kaffee GmbH”, which sells coffee under the Leysieffer brand name. Former majority shareholder Jan Leysieffer will remain as managing minority shareholder on the management board of the company.
You might like these family office articles
- Jack Ma Family Office Invests In $735M Lakestar Fund
- New Munich Single Family Office Led By Jürgen Engelbrecht
- Thailand Single Family Office Invests Heavily In German Hotel Market
Relevant family office lists
- Rated 5.00 out of 5€299,99 including VAT
- Rated 5.00 out of 5€699,99 including VAT
- Rated 4.63 out of 5€999,99 including VAT
- Rated 5.00 out of 5€599,99 including VAT