German car trading startup Auto1 is currently planning its IPO. Now, Sylvie Mutschler-von Specht, owner of the Mutschler Ventures single family office, is joining the supervisory board of Auto1.
Auto1 Group: German unicorn startup, planning IPO in Q1 2021
Auto1 was founded in 2012 by Christian Bertermann and Hakan Cok. The company offers a tech platform (called “wirkaufendeinauto.de”) for consumers to sell their cars hassle-free. Furthermore, it operates a wholesale platform for used cars with more than 60,000 participating professional dealers. Thereby, Auto1 pushed the used car wholesale market from offline to online markets. The platform reported approximately €3.5BN in revenues 2019 and more than 600,000 cars sold. In Q1 2021, an IPO at Frankfurt Stock Exchange is planned.
Mutschler Single Family Office as successful early-stage investor
Sylvie Mutschler-von Specht, who now joins Auto1’s supervisory board, was one of the first investors of Auto1 with her family office Mutschler Ventures. She invested already in 2012 in the Berlin-based startup. The Mutschler Ventures portfolio includes some additional gems like adyen (already IPOed payment provider), McMakler, or Watchmaster. Thereby, the Mutschler Ventures family office underlines the increasingly important role of family offices in Europe’s venture capital markets. The Mutschler family office is based in Baar, Switzerland.
Relevant family office articles
- These Venture Capital Funds Are Open To LP Investments From Family Offices
- These 3 Singaporean Single Family Offices Invest in Venture Capital
- 3 Questions to Yabeo: Tech Investor for Entrepreneurial Partnerships
Relevant family office lists
- Rated 4.00 out of 5€299,99 including VAT
- Rated 4.67 out of 5€399,99 including VAT
- Rated 4.63 out of 5€999,99 including VAT
- Rated 5.00 out of 5€249,99 including VAT