Single family offices – the investment firms of high net worth families – are playing an increasingly important role in the Nordic region. Many SFOs are relying on real estate investments. We introduce you to three interesting Scandinavian single family offices that are real estate investors.
Featured: our exclusive lists of the largest Scandinavian and real estate single family offices
- Unique list of 47 Scandinavian single family offices
- Alternatively: 265 European single family offices focused on private equity
- Download as an easy-to-use excel file
- Detailed information about investment focus, contact details, net worth, etc. in many cases
- Free updates within one year after your purchase
#1: Pontos, Finland – Investing in real estate development projects and commercial real estate
Pontos is the single family office of Ilpo and Timo Kokkila. Besides private equity and listed companies, pontos actively invests in real estate. Pontos is focusing on real estate development projects (and companies) as well as commercial real estate. Target areas are Finland, Estonia and Portugal, the minimum transaction volume is €10M. Exemplary portfolio objects and projects are a 20% stake in LAK Real Estate (Helsinki) or 100% ownership of the ReLog logistic, warehouse and retail portfolio. Also, hotels like the popular “Sokos Hotel Viru” in Tallinn belong to the portfolio.
#2: Awilhelmsen, Norway – Investments in Offices, Hotels, Retail and Parking
Awilhelmsen is the investment firm of the Wilhelmsen family. The Norwegian single family office was established in 1939 and is today active in the cruise business, real estate, shipping & offshore, retail and industrial investments. In 1990, the Arne Wilhelmsen family entered the real estate market. Investments are made through the fully-owned real estate firm Listow AS. Linstow develops, owns and manages properties in the Nordic and Baltic area. The owns different types of buildings: offices, hotels, shopping centers, parking spaces. Exemplary buildings are the Comfort Hotel at the Bergen Airport, Radisson Sonya Hotel in St. Petersburg or the Galerija Centrs in Riga.
#3: Ferd, Norway – Logistics and Warehousing real estate in Norway
Ferd is the investment company of the Norwegian Andresen family. Ferd is an active investor in capital markets, private equity and real estate. The Norwegian family office owns, develops and operates warehousing and logistic properties. New acquisitions are mainly made in the Oslo area, but also Stavanger, Bergen and Trondheim objects are relevant for the firm. In 2018, Ferd realized a return of NOK 315M through its real estate business.
Picture source: Arvid Malde
Always stay up-to-date in the single family office landscape
In case you are interested in the most relevant family office news, we highly recommend you the following two-steps:
- Sign up for our newsletter here. We publish a monthly newsletter of the most relevant single family office news. The newsletter includes new family offices, family office investments and reports about industry trend.
- Follow us on LinkedIn. Be the first to get-to-know relevant single family office news directly through your LinkedIn newsfeed.
You might also like those family office articles
- Food/Foodtech Venture Capital Single Family Office CPT Capital London
- Insights & Reports: Europe’s Venture Capital Single Family Offices
- The Essential Role of Single Family Offices for German Biotech Startups