The Hamburg-based single family office Peter Möhrle Holding acquires a stake of bc GmbH & Co.KG, a bicycle e-commerce company as part of its buy-and-build strategy.
Major German e-commerce bicycle retailer: bc GmbH & Co. KG
Bicycle retailer bc GmbH & Co. KG is based in Aachen and was founded in 1997. The company was a first-mover in the bicycle e-commerce segment. Today, the company has more than 190 employees and operates a modern logistics hub with more than 23,000 sqm storage space. The German bicycle retailer offers more than 70,000 products from 300 brands. Also, bc is operating profitably: in 2018, the net income amounted to €0.85M.
Hamburg-based Möhrle Single Family Office as private equity investor
The wealth of the Möhrle family is based on DIY store chain Max Bahr. The Peter Möhrle single family office invests in private equity and real estate. Also, the “Peter Möhrle Foundation” is connected to the family office. bc is not Möhrle’s first investment in the bicycle industry: in 2014, the family office invested in distributor Grofa Action Sports GmbH.
Picture source: Tiffany Nutt
Relevant family office articles
- Single Family Office from Missouri invests in Sharpen Technologies $12M Growth Round
- Vienna Single Family Office Acquires Luxembourg Private Bank FIS
- Swiss Single Family Office Invests In Student Housing in Florida
You also might like researchgermany.com’s whitepaper about B2B sales in Germany.
Relevant family office lists
- Rated 5.00 out of 5€699,99 including VAT
- €4,99 including VAT
- Rated 5.00 out of 5€299,99 including VAT
- Rated 5.00 out of 5€599,99 including VAT