Have you ever been wondering where and how the money of Silicon Valley’s tech elite is invested? This article might have the answer for you by introducing Iconiq Capital. Founded by the South African Divesh Makan, Iconiq manages funds for tech billionaires like Facebook founders Dustin Moskovitz and Mark Zuckerberg, Twitter founder Jack Dorsey or LinkedIn’s founder Reid Hoffman. If you’re looking for single family offices you should check our list of single family offices in the United States.
Featured: Our unique US Single Family Office Database
- 402 entries, thereof 255 with E-Mail address, 388 with executive names
- Investment focus: Real Estate, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Financial Products, Renewables
- 23 columns included: Name, Family Name, Estimated Family Wealth, Detailed Investment Focus and exemplary investments, address, phone, e-mail, website…
- Free updates within one year included, secure payment through PayPal or Credit Card, 24/7 support through live chat and mail
- Last update: 9th November 2020
- Follow us on our social media channels
Venture Capital Focused Investment Approach
Iconiq specializes in venture capital rounds for the world’s most relevant startups. Famous Investment include the pre-IPO rounds of Alibaba, Flipkart or Pluralsights $135M Series B round. According to Forbes magazine, Iconiq relies on its network. Startup founders are invited to dinners with billionaires, quarterly networking events are taking place. The charm of being even close to the circle of the world’s most important tech CEOs is easy to understand, as well as the business perspective of it.
From Goldman Sachs To Founding A Multi Billion Family Office
After graduating from the South African university of Natal and receiving an M.B.A. of the prestigious Wharton business school, Iconiq-CEO Makan hired at Goldman Sachs’ San Francisco office. He got to know Zuckerberg shortly after he moved Facebook’s office to San Francisco and worked hard to get integrated into the network of the Valley’s tech founders. In 2008, Makan left Goldman and joined Morgan Stanley. In 2011 Makan finally left Morgan Stanley and created Iconiq. While the firm is now closed for new clients, it is still actively closing new investments, like a recent $100M round for data governance company Collibra.
Always stay up-to-date in the single family office landscape
In case you are interested in the most relevant family office news, we highly recommend you the following two-steps:
- Sign up for our newsletter here. We publish a monthly newsletter of the most relevant single family office news. The newsletter includes new family offices, family office investments and reports about industry trend.
- Follow us on LinkedIn. Be the first to get-to-know relevant single family office news directly through your LinkedIn newsfeed.
Picture Source: Jakub Gorajek
Related Single Family Office Lists
- Rated 4.00 out of 5
- Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Rated 5.00 out of 5Deal
- Rated 4.57 out of 5Deal