The Hong Kong single family office of Cheung Chung Kiu just acquired the most expensive house in London: for $262M bought a luxury mansion at 2-8A Rutland Gate.
New owner for the luxury palace with 45 rooms
The property at 2-8a Rutland Gate is one of the most prestigous and luxury objects in London. The 45-room house in Knightsbridge is near the famous Hyde Park. In the past, the building was the home of Rafic Hariri, Lebanon’s former prime minister. So far, the object was managed by the co-founder of Swiss wealth manager Decisive Wealth. In total, the living space of the building amounts 62,000 sqf and was built in 1830. It included a swimming pool, a spa area and bullet-proof windows.
New owner: Hong Kong-based single family office of Cheung Chung Kiu
Cheung Chung Kiu, who’s family office is the new owner of the building, is a billionaire from Hong Kong. His net worth is estimated at $1.4BN. Mainly, he earned his wealth through real estate investments and developments. Kiu is the founder of CC Land Holdings. In the United Kingdom, CC Land bought the former Leadenhall building, often called the “Cheesegrater” skyscraper.
You might like these single family office articles
- Single Family Office From Bremen (Germany): Major Investment In €50M Sono Motors Funding Round
- Food/Foodtech Venture Capital Single Family Office: CPT Capital (London)
- Statistics: Amount of Single Family Offices in London
Relevant single family office lists
- Rated 5.00 out of 5€299,99 including VAT
- €4,99 including VAT
- Rated 5.00 out of 5€699,99 including VAT
- Rated 4.50 out of 5€199,99 including VAT